[Note: This role is 100% on-site and works from Monday to Saturday from the Eden office in Lagos. To apply for this role, please click here.]
We’re currently in the market for someone with proven culinary and management experience to be a part of our Supply Team. The ideal candidate for this role has high attention to details, excellent documentation skills and has prior experience working at either an organised restaurant, an hotel or a catering service.
The Eden Kitchen Manager shall be responsible for the administrative tasks of the Eden Kitchen i.e. ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, monitoring inventory levels, and ensuring compliance with the recommended HSE standards.
This role works in liaison with the Head Chef and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Your work will include:
- Scheduling and staff support. You will work with the Head Chef to supervise kitchen employees and ensure adherence to customer preferences. You will also schedule work shifts for kitchen employees under your supervision.
- Inventory management. You will monitor inventory level, maintain a stock register and generate regular inventory reports.
- Menu design. You will support the Head Chef in designing menu and recipes and ensuring consistency in taste and quality of meals.
- Safety, sanitation and compliance. You will work with the Head Chef to ensure compliance with HSE regulations in food storage and preparation.
- Administration and reporting. You will support the Operations Manager and Head Chef in setting prices for suggested menu, submit periodic reports on kitchen activities and maintain weekly/monthly cost reports. You will also perform other administrative tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- In-depth knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- Previous experience (2 years or more) in a similar role (unfortunately, this one is not ideal for a first-job sort of person).
- You know how to use the Google Suite (Google Docs and Google Sheets, for starters).
- Ability to work and manage a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills.
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations.
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends.
Perks of working at Eden
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health care coverage
- Daily Office Lunch
- Excellent workplace culture
- A chance to work on something new and exciting in Nigeria