At Eden, our mission is to 10x the quality of life in Africa by automating chores so they never have to bother about them again. To do this, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization. You are welcome at Eden for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our services are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
As a product manager at Eden, you will be involved at every step of product development, from identifying customer problems (through surveys, analytics etc) to brainstorming broad ideas, creating short and long-term roadmaps, and consistently assessing business impact. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives towards our company goals and strategy. You'll work in close collaboration with our Engineering, Design, and Growth teams.
In a lot of ways, we function as a startup, meaning we all work closely and collaboratively across departments to align on product vision and ship product. All our teams live and breathe user-centered processes to create the best end-to-end experience for all our users across varying services daily.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of managing projects to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, and are able to take a solution from idea to implementation & continuous data-driven iterations. You uphold a high-quality bar and have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
About the role
- Location: Lagos or Remote
As a Product Manager at Eden, you’ll…
- Be accountable for the holistic product roadmap and vision.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products; regularly review metrics to ensure they are tracking to goal.
- Help define and measure success on different dimensions (product success metrics, OKRs, etc.)
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Growth teams to gather requirements and feedback and better understand the future of the product.
- Explore complex problem spaces, generate multiple solutions, rapidly iterate, and evaluate tradeoffs in partnership with our Growth team.
You’ll thrive as a Product Manager at Eden if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager with experience working as an Individual Contributor and with engineering teams.
- Have demonstrated experience with product development, user-centered design, and agile/lean methodologies.
- Are able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success & performance of digital features/products.
- Are experienced in leading post-launch optimizations, including developing testing strategies.
- Are detail-oriented with superior organizational skills — balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you.
- Have a strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required).
- Are able to effectively organize and communicate your thoughts to teammates and across the organization.
- Collaborate with engineering to break down work into valuable releases for users and on shipping software regularly.
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position.
- We’ll invest in your well-being with a comprehensive health care coverage.
- We'll provide you daily office lunch whenever you're in the office.
- Up to 2 weeks of paid leave yearly.
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Product Manager and a human being.
- An excellent workplace culture.
- A chance to work on something new and exciting in Nigeria.
Are you up for it?
- Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
- Send an application to email@example.com titled "Product Manager Application"
- A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile, if up to date, would be fine).
- When applying please include a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Eden. However, this isn't required & will not negatively impact your application if absent.