The Quality Assurance (QA) Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the Eden kitchen is run in compliance with best practices in the food industry.
Those include collaborating with all stakeholders to develop relevant policies and processes to achieve a quality culture with zero defects or deviation from the set standards.
Our ideal candidate has relevant industry and management experience, possess leadership and organizational abilities and pays great attention to detail.
- Develop QA/QC manuals, policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure all meals produced by the kitchen meets Eden’s quality standards.
- Regularly monitor the food safety process of the suppliers.
- Provide quality feedback on potential quality deviation and provide mitigation plans.
- Manage and maintain implementations of food safety management systems.
- Monitor adherence to quality and compliance with Eden's standards, industry regulations, and government regulations.
- Collaborate with the Head Chef to develop a raw material assessment process.
- Oversee audit processes to ensure that we meet the required standards and get the relevant accreditations in the food industry (HACCP, ISO 9001:2015, 22000:2018 etc.)
- Manage inspection from government agencies.
- Design SOPs and Audit forms.
- Design incident documentation, resolution and management protocol
Health and Safety
- Conduct risk assessments and design a risk management protocol.
- Development and implementation of HACCP and a Food Safety Management System
- Design and implement sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area
- Ensure the hygiene of infrastructure and work environment
- Collaborate with the Head Chef to arrange training in Food Health and Safety for members of the kitchen team.
- Train the Stewards and the rest of the team on best practices in handling cooked foods.
Staff Supervision and Administration
- Supervise the Stewards to organize and sort food orders in accordance with the delivery schedule for the day.
- Schedule work shifts for employees.
- Submit periodic reports on kitchen performance to Leadership.
Procurement and Inventory Management
- Collaborate with the Head Chef in procurement of items needed for the kitchen.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments.
- Maintain a stock bin register and re-order level for all kitchen items.
- Maintain weekly and monthly cost reports.
- A degree in Biological Sciences or a Food related discipline such as Food Science, Food Technology, Nutrition, Dietetics.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the same or a related role in the food industry or FMCG
- Good understanding of HACCP
- Good documentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety standards and government regulations for the food industry.
- Ability to work and manage a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position.
- We’ll invest in your well-being with a comprehensive health care coverage.
- We'll provide you daily office lunch whenever you're in the office.
- Up to 2 weeks of paid leave yearly.
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful QA officer and a human being.
- An excellent workplace culture.
- A chance to work on something new and exciting in Nigeria.
How to apply
Sound like a good fit? Send an email to email@example.com, with this position as subject. Include your resume and a short note/cover letter.
Can't wait to hear from you!