We're building an amazing food experience that will give thousands of people access to healthy, delicious meals everyday.
We're looking for a sous chef that will make what is visually presented in that website a reality by running a food production operation that scales to 6000 meals/day.
The Sous Chef at Eden Kitchen Manager shall oversee the day-to-day operations and administrative tasks of the Eden Kitchen.
The ideal candidate will have proven culinary and management experience, possess leadership and organizational abilities and pays great attention to detail. This role reports directly to the Supply Team Lead.
- Develop menus that suit customer’s culinary preferences and maintain high quality standards
- Document recipes and processes for production of menus at scale whilst maintaining quality
- Plan order of equipment and ingredients according to meal schedule and identified shortages
- Approve meals before dispatch to customers
- Design and document food presentation and plating standards for all meals
- Prepare cost proposals for new menu
- Ensure that all meals are prepared in accordance with all regulatory and hygiene standards
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other related activities
- Give prepared plates the “final touch” where necessary.
Staff management and training
- Oversee the output from kitchen staff
- Foster an environment of cooperation and respect between kitchen staff
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities.
- Set an example and enforce professional behavior in the kitchen
- Maintain a well sanitized kitchen in line with best hygiene practices in the food industry
- Comply with sanitary regulations and safety standards in the kitchen
- Design the kitchen workflow to optimize for meal readiness times
- Proven experience as Sous Chef.
- Knowledge of local and continental cuisines
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and monitor progress
- Up-to-date knowledge of culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Computer literacy with demonstrable ability to use Google Suite (Word, Sheets)
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position.
- We’ll invest in your well-being with a comprehensive health care coverage.
- We'll provide you daily office lunch whenever you're in the office.
- Up to 2 weeks of paid leave yearly.
- We'll offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful chef and a human being.
- An excellent workplace culture.
- A chance to work on something new and exciting in Nigeria.
How to apply
If the requirements have described you to a tee, we'd love to meet you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Sous Chef" as the subject. Include your resume and a short note/cover letter.
Can't wait to hear from you!